I made this little summer dress for Ella today. I got the fabric from the remnant basket at Textile Traders for $1.00! The bodice and the skirt took about 15 minutes to make (thanks to my overlocker!) but the straps took about 3 hours, mainly because it took me 2.5 hours to figure out what I wanted them to look like. Poor Ella had to try it on about 6 times while I was deciding. I had a few strips of fabric left over when I was finished so I used them to make a matching headband.
Things to remember for next time:
- Make sure I have matching thread before I start! I have every colour in the world except blue so I had to use green and when you look close up it's quite obvious.
- Find a better way of attaching the straps. The stitching shows through on the front and looks particularly bad because it's green.