Friday, July 10, 2009

Spring Ruffle Top

I made this little top for Ella today using the Spring Ruffle Top Tutorial by Rae from the Sew Mama Sew blog which can be found *here*



I had to adjust the ruffles on the straps quite a bit because the tutorial is for an adults top and they looked massive on Ella since her shoulders are so tiny. I probably should have adjusted the width of the actual straps too but by the time I realised how wide they were it was too late =p Overall though, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

This is probably the first time EVER that I've been able to follow a tutorial and do things properly =p My usual method is just to cut blindly without measuring and then sew blindly without using pins (or anything else that I should be using) and hope that it turns out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment