Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Embroidery

While at the library last week I discovered a book on embroidery and thought I'd give it a try. It's something I've always wanted to be able to do but never really had any idea how to actually do it. I still don't really have any idea, but I'm a bit closer =p

Heart shaped pin cushion, appliqued cupcake purse, mushroom mini needlebook, and a beaded necklace that Ella made.

There's not really much embroidery on this one, just the outline of the cupcakes. I used a split stitch which probably wasn't the best choice as it turned out a bit bulky. Oh well, it was a learning experience.

Pin cushion! I've always wanted one of these. Previously all my pins were all over the place - some in tupperware containers, some in the little 'groove' thingy on my sewing machine, and lots scattered all over the kitchen table. Now they are all in one place! Again, split stitch around the little hearts, and blanket stitch around the outside.


This is a teensy tiny needlebook lol. I wasn't actually sure what it was going to be until I finished. I was just using the piece of felt to practise on and then when I was finished I thought "Hey! I can stick needles in here!"


I can fit probably 6 or 7 embroidery needles in it but at the moment I've just got 3 in there plus a few safety pins of various sizes that I keep losing


Ella designed this one!! I gave her a notepad and told her to draw me some pictures so off she went and then out of all the pictures she drew I chose this one (because it looked the easiest LOL) The top of it opens up and it's a little purse. Although she can't really put anything in it because the top doesn't close. I need to put a button in or something.

2 comments: